Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Legacy at Work

I am lucky enough to already know what my legacy at work will be: Meeting Czar. Apparently I am the only individual willing to cut off extraneous conversation to hold to a time schedule. Just today I respectfully declined to facilitate a meeting that was not mine and I heard a distressed voice say "Amanda's not facilitating? We're doomed!"

Could be worse. Most engineers get a piece of equipment they have installed named after them, and usually only if it is something that does not work. "Oh yeah that's the Jessica line" or "Jan's valve." I've managed to avoid this so far, but if anyone ever says "Amanda's distillation column" you know I'm in trouble.

P.S. Last minute update, there is a NEW MEMBER of the blogging group. Marie M M. Check out her link to the right.

No comments: