Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Zion National Park

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to visit relatives who live outside Zion National Park (Utah) with my dear sister Mary Jean.

Some interesting things:
- They actually have a beer called Polygamy Porter with the catch slogan "why have just one?"
- Mary Jean took the slogan literally (ok maybe this part is not true)
- Zion National Park will not allow cars during peak season - all traffic is via a propane shuttle which makes the park cleaner and feel less crowded
- We hiked a 2.5-mile trail called Angel's Landing where for about 200 feet we were on a rock ledge with a straight drop down on both sides and only a single chain to hold
- As everyone on the shuttle ooh-ed and ah-ed over some wild turkeys in the park, all I could think was how much my coworkers would wish it was hunting season.

In all seriousness, Zion was one of the most beautiful places I have been.

2 comments:

Mike P said...

Wow, you must really love Baton Rouge if your first entry about living there is, in fact, about Utah!

alm7g said...

Wait until you see the next couple entries. I will have to rename my blog "Living the Life Everywhere but Baton Rouge".